Top 5 Best Bluetooth Speaker of 2017
Bluetooth speakers are an ideal outdoor companion when you want superior, but portable, sound.
|Bluetooth Speakers||Key Features||Rating||Prices|
|JBL Flip 4||The JPL Flip 4 features an Ipx7 waterproof rating, which means not only can it take splashes and rain, it’s also able to function after being fully submerged in water, making it a great option for an outdoor, poolside Bluetooth speaker.||See Price|
|B&O PLAY A1||The B&O PLAY A1 sports an impressive 2X140 watts at peak power while double-molded polymer inner workings that create a rich, powerful bass. Ambient Mode ensures a True 360 sound experience.||See Price|
|Bose SoundLink Mini II||You get two charging options with the SoundLink Mini II: You can charge it via the charging cradle, which is great for use at home; additionally, you can charge it via the USB charging cable, which is perfect for when you’re on-the-go.||See Price|
|Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin||Not only is it Bluetooth-compatible, but it can also connect via Apple AirPlay and Spotify Connect. Wireless connection via any of these three options is simple, accomplished via the press of a button.||See Price|
|FUGOO Sport XL||The FUGOO Sport XL is 100% waterproof and is rated IP67, being able to survive submersion 3ft for 30 minutes. Better still, it floats, so full submersion is unlikely, making it easy to retrieve when it falls off your paddle board.||See Price|
Ipx7 waterproof rating
The JPL Flip 4 features an Ipx7 waterproof rating, which means not only can it take splashes and rain, it’s also able to function after being fully submerged in water, making it a great option for an outdoor, poolside Bluetooth speaker.
One of the Flip 4’s more exciting features is that it’s JBL connect + compatible, which means you can link it up to more than 100 other JBL connect + enabled speakers to create your own customizable, amplified listening experience. This feature is great for on-the-fly parties.
Connect up to two mobile devices
The Flip 4 can be wirelessly connected up to two mobile devices. For instance, you can connect your smartphone and your tablet at the same time to streamline your playlist. Alternatively, you and your friend can connect both of your smartphones and have a playlist duel to see who has the better taste in music.
Dual passive radiators
There are two external radiators on the Flip 4, enabling a thudding, deep bass that you can hear and see.
Long battery life
Thanks to its powerful, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, the Flip 4 by JBL can last up to 12 hours on a single charge, so the party can keep going all night long.
- Waterproof (Ipx7 rating)
- 12-hour battery life via rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Stream from up to two mobile devices
- JBL connect+ enables you to synch your speaker with up to 100 other JBL connect+ enabled devices for amplified sound
- Dual passive radiators pump up the bass
- Voice assistant integration (works with Siri, Google Now, etc.)
- Doubles as a speakerphone
- Comes in six colors
- Made of Lifestyle Material for durability
- Lightweight at 1.8lbs
- Some customers have noted that their speaker didn’t ship with the USB charger, which is a bummer. This doesn’t impact the sound quality, which is great, but it’s worth mentioning nonetheless. If it happens to you, contact customer service immediately so they can send you one.
Ultralong battery life
At normal volumes, the B&O PLAY A1 Portable Bluetooth Speaker by Bang & Olufsen boasts an impressive 24 hours of battery life. This is ideal for folks who want a portable speaker, but know they’ll be away from electricity sources for recharging, making it an ideal companion for overnight camping trips out in the middle of nowhere.
The casing of the B&O PLAY A1 portable Bluetooth speaker is made from durable aluminum construction, and is both splash and dust resistant. This means you can use it outdoors with confidence.
The B&O PLAY A1 sports an impressive 2X140 watts at peak power while double-molded polymer inner workings that create a rich, powerful bass. Ambient Mode ensures a True 360 sound experience.
One B&O Play A1 provides a True 360 experience on its own. For those looking for an even richer sound, you can synch two B&O Play A1s together for stereo listening experience.
The A1 Bluetooth speaker features a built-in omnidirectional microphone to facilitate a better speakerphone experience. With superior microphone performance, business calls sound professional to listeners on the other end.
- 24-hour max battery life
- 5-hour full charge time
- 2X140 watts peak power
- Double-molded polymer interior for deeper, louder bass
- Resistant to splashes and dust
- Synch two B&O Play A1s together for a stereo experience
- Great volume
- Durable aluminum outer casing
- Leather wrist strap adds comfort, portability and great looks
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Connect Button makes wireless pairing effortless
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery power with smart charging system
- Features both 3.5mm jack and USB port for easy, versatile charging options
- Lightweight at 1.3lbs
- Some people aren’t fans of the auto-adjust volume feature, which lowers the volume when the battery is about to run out. On the flip side, many folks equally enjoy this feature because it conserves the battery life. The good news is, if you don’t like it, you can override it, but it’s still worth mentioning.
Easy to pair
The Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II uses a voice guided system that talks you through the pairing process step-by-step. This is ideal for folks who are unfamiliar with device pairing.
The SoundLink Mini II boasts loud volumes and with deep bass notes, which are hard to get on such a small, Bluetooth speaker.
Thanks to lithium-ion battery power, Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II’s 10-hour battery life allows for an all-night listening experience—great for folks who love to listen to music while they sleep.
Easy to charge
You get two charging options with the SoundLink Mini II: You can charge it via the charging cradle, which is great for use at home; additionally, you can charge it via the USB charging cable, which is perfect for when you’re on-the-go.
The SoundLink Mini II is a highly portable Bluetooth speaker. It’s small enough to fit in your hand, and you can easily slip it into your purse or backpack when you’re ready to hit the road. Because of its small size, it’s also unobtrusive in the office or home, and it feature’s Bose’s signature good looks.
- Voice guided device pairing walkthrough
- Loud volumes
- Deep bass
- 10-hour battery life on single charge
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery power
- Charges via charging dock or USB cable
- Lightweight at 1.5lbs
- While the 10-hour battery life is quite good objectively, it’s a bit short when compared with competitors. This relatively shorter battery life may also be a tradeoff for the loud volume.
The new Zeppelin speaker from Bowers & Wilkins features massive improvements in sound, even at loud volumes. Improvements are directly geared at pleasing audiophiles, and include double dome tweeters to reach those scorching highs with a long-throw subwoofer that represents bass notes accurately, reaching the depths that the artists and sound engineers originally intended.
Robust connectivity options
Perhaps the most unique feature about the Bowers & Wilkins offering is its robust connectivity. Not only is it Bluetooth-compatible, but it can also connect via Apple AirPlay and Spotify Connect. Wireless connection via any of these three options is simple, accomplished via the press of a button.
Setting up the Zeppelin for the first time is super easy, thanks to the Bowers & Wilkins app.
If aesthetics are your thing, it’s hard to miss the iconic Zeppelin design, which lends a modern air to any environment.
- Improved sound over previous iterations
- Double dome tweeters for smashing highs
- Long-throw subwoofer for thudding bass notes
- Apple AirPlay-compatible
- Spotify Connect-compatible
- Pushbutton connectivity
- Bowers & Wilkins app-compatible; enables easy setup
- Iconic Zeppelin design
- Two color options: black and silver
- The size is massive at roughly 20lbs, so it’s definitely not portable. Though, this won’t be an issue for the home or office.
Eight symmetrically arranged drivers provide 360-degree sound, comprised of: 4 tweeters, 2 mid/sub drivers and 2 passive radiators for an ultimately rich experience.
The FUGOO Sport XL is 100% waterproof and is rated IP67, being able to survive submersion 3ft for 30 minutes. Better still, it floats, so full submersion is unlikely, making it easy to retrieve when it falls off your paddle board.
Impressive battery life
At a whopping 35 hours max battery life, the FUGOO Sport XL boasts one of the longest battery lives in its category, further cementing it as a go-to option for camping for outdoorsmen and outdoorswomen everywhere.
With the included USB port, you can use the FUGOO Sport XL as a power bank for your smartphone.
Aside of being waterproof, the Fugoo Sport XL is also impervious to dust, mud, sand and just about any other element you can throw at it, making it great for outdoorspeople.
- Impressive sound quality, 360-degree sound
- 100% waterproof
- Floats on water for quick retrieval
- Resistant to outdoor elements
- 35-hour max battery life
- Functions as a power bank for your smartphone
- Functions as a speakerphone
- Works with Siri and Google Now
- At 6.2lbs, it’s one of the heavier portable Bluetooth speakers out there. This is likely a tradeoff for its immensely long power life and power bank feature, however.