Top 5 Best Gaming Mice of 2017
If you’re a serious gamer, you’re eventually going to want to look into gaming mice. Unlike regular mice, gaming mice provide superior tracking capabilities as well as special gamer features such as macro programming and ultra-durability that take your game up a notch.
|Gaming Mice||Key Features||Rating||Prices|
|Razer Naga Hex V2||Thanks to its use of a 16,000 DPI 5G laser sensor, the Razer Naga Hex V2 is always precise and on-point, regardless of how fast your movements are, so you can always stay on top of the game.||See Price|
|Razer DeathAdder Elite||The Razer DeathAdder Elite comes with what is billed as the “world’s most advanced optical sensor” and it’s easy to understand why. The DeathAdder Elite’s true 16,000 DPI sensor provides a tracking speed of 450 inches per second (ISP) with an accuracy rated at 99.4%.||See Price|
|Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum||The Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum is an ambidextrous mouse, and can be used by righties or lefties. Better still, the physical button layout is customizable so you can further tailor it to fit your specific needs and comfort preferences.||See Price|
|SteelSeries Rival 700||he Pixart 3360 Optical Gaming Sensor offers reliable and proven tracking to give you the edge you need, and can be swapped out if you ever wish to upgrade.||See Price|
|Corsair Gaming M65 Pro||Omron switches are highly regarded in the eSports industry, and those on the Corsair mouse are rated for 20 million clicks.||See Price|
7-button thumb grid
The highlight feature of the Razer Naga Hex V2 is definitely the 7-button thumb grid. This is the feature that’s primarily geared towards MOBA players, but it can be used for other gaming genres as well. All seven buttons on the grid are mechanical and programmable, and they’re intelligently placed so your thumb will always be able to find the button you’re looking for.
The Razer Naga Hex V2 features Chroma lighting. Choose from 16.8 million true colors and customize your mouse’s appearance with ease and style.
Razer Synapse is an exclusive feature from Razer that allows you to store your profiles and settings in the cloud for instant access. Additionally, you can also download MOBA-optimized preset profiles to easily access the skills you need in-game when it counts.
Thanks to its use of a 16,000 DPI 5G laser sensor, the Razer Naga Hex V2 is always precise and on-point, regardless of how fast your movements are, so you can always stay on top of the game.
With a redesign geared towards comfort, the new Naga is more ergonomic than the last version, and designed to better accommodate players of all hand sizes, shapes and gaming styles.
- 7-button thumb grid: programmable, mechanical buttons optimized for MOBA
- 14 total programmable MOBA-optimized buttons
- True 16,000 DPI 5G laser sensor for ultimate precision
- Razer Chroma lighting provides 16.8 million colors for a customized mouse
- Can be synched with other Chroma-enabled devices
- Tilt scroll click wheel
- Rubberized thumb grip
- Razer Synapse-enabled: store profiles and settings in the cloud for quick access; download MOBA-oriented profile presets for a leg up
- Improved ergonomics for comfort and better player accomodation
- It’s optimized for MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) players primarily. That said, it can be used for other gaming genres, and it’s a solid mouse, so this is really more of a preference thing.
- If you have small hands, like if you’re a petite woman or a young kid, the mouse may feel oversized and lead to fatigue. This won’t be a problem for adult males, generally speaking, though.
Ultra-accurate optical sensor
The Razer DeathAdder Elite comes with what is billed as the “world’s most advanced optical sensor” and it’s easy to understand why. The DeathAdder Elite’s true 16,000 DPI sensor provides a tracking speed of 450 inches per second (ISP) with an accuracy rated at 99.4%.
Omron’s mechanical mouse switches are legendary in terms of quality. The Razer Omron switches on the DeathAdder Elite mouse can withstand up to 50 million clicks and are designed to hold up to hardcore gaming.
Tactile scroll wheel
The scroll wheel is gamer-grade and features a tactile rubberized surface to improve your gaming performance so your mind stays focused on the game and not on operating your mouse.
Razer Chroma lighting
With Razer Chroma lighting, you can choose from 16.8 million programmable color effects to choose the look that best suits you and your play style.
The DeathAdder Elite has been designed with ergonomics in mind so you can dominate marathon gaming sessions while the other guy’s hand cramps. Additionally, there are rubberized side grips that are approved by eSports experts.
- 16,000 DPI optical sensor is ultra-accurate
- Mechanical switches created in cooperation with Omron
- Tactile scroll wheel
- Razer Chroma lighting is programmable to 16.8 million true colors
- Extra DPI buttons to suit all play styles
- Textured rubber side grips
- Effortless sensitivity adjustment
- Comfortable and ergonomic
- Like other Razer mice, many feel the DeathAdder Elite is geared towards guys with larger hands, so women and kids may experience some fatigue and loss of ergonomics during use.
PMW3366 Optical Gaming Sensor
The PMW3366 Optical Gaming Sensor is a longstanding favorite amongst elite eSports pros, and it’s widely considered by experts to be the best optical sensor in the gaming world, providing lightning-speed, lag-free movement whether wired or wireless. It also features an adjustable DPI range from 200 to 12,000 for a smooth, customizable experience for all play styles.
The Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum is an ambidextrous mouse, and can be used by righties or lefties. Better still, the physical button layout is customizable so you can further tailor it to fit your specific needs and comfort preferences.
Wired or wireless
Thanks to the reliable and fast PMW3366 Optical Gaming Sensor, the Logitech G900 offers the same fast speeds whether you play wired or wireless. Wirelessly, the mouse is powered by a rechargeable battery that can provide 32 hours of gameplay—the best in its size class. If you’re low on juice, you can seamlessly switch to wired mode even during gameplay so you never miss a step. Wired or wireless, the report rate is an astounding 1 millisecond, so you can’t go wrong either way.
With Logic Gaming Software (downloadable on their site), you can easily set your mouse’s lighting to any one of the 16.8 million available colors for a personalized experience.
- PMW3366 Optical Gaming Sensor provides ultrafast report rate of 1 millisecond whether wired or wireless mode is active, is highly accurate, and a favorite amongst eSports pros.
- Ambidextrous design
- Customizable physical button layout
- 11 programable buttons
- 5 programmable DPI settings
- DPI range: 200 to 12,000
- Logitech Gaming Software-compatible
- Customizable lighting with 16.8 million color options
- Pivot button design—improves click performance
- 32-hour battery life
- Rechargeable battery included
- Can be used wired or wireless
- Seamlessly switch between wired or wireless mode even in-game
- Overall, there simply hasn’t been many problems with the Logitech G900; mainly, problems are random and may be manufacturing issues. Luckily, they’re infrequent and generally not too problematic.
Tactile alerts with zero recoil
One of the most unique features the SteelSeries Rival 700 Gaming Mouse brings to the table is tactile alerts. Tactile alerts are both completely programmable and customizable, and can be set to notify you when certain specified in-game events occur. You can program how the alerts feel in your hand and what triggers them, and while you may worry about recoil, given their tactility—don’t. By intelligently directing sensations up through the hand, there is zero recoil or negative gameplay impact.
Onboard OLED screen
The onboard OLED screen allows you extra personalization and can be programmed to display anything you want it to, such as your screen name.
Pixart 3360 Optical Gaming Sensor
The Pixart 3360 Optical Gaming Sensor offers reliable and proven tracking to give you the edge you need, and can be swapped out if you ever wish to upgrade.
- Tactile alerts, zero recoil
- Programmable alerts
- Onboard OLED screen
- Onboard stat display
- Pixart 3360 Optical Gaming Sensor
- Swappable parts
- The fact that the parts, especially the optical sensor, can be swapped out may concern some. That said, the upside is that you can customize the mouse to your needs.
Advanced weight tuning system
The advanced weight tuning system optimizes the mouse’s center of gravity to suit your needs for improved performance.
PMW3360 Optical Gaming Sensor
The eSports-grade PMW3360 Optical Gaming Sensor provides extreme accuracy and great results.
Omron switches are highly regarded in the eSports industry, and those on the Corsair mouse are rated for 20 million clicks.
Macro programming allows you to program the mouse’s impressive button array to meet your gameplay style needs.
- Weight tuning system
- PMW3360 Optical Gaming Sensor is well-regarded
- 20 million click-rated mechanical Omron switches
- Macro programming-enabled buttons
- High-mass scroll wheel
- Sniper button
- Three-zone RGB backlighting customization
- It’d be nice if they’d gone with Omron switches with a higher click rating, though 20 million clicks ain’t too shabby.